It’s a celebration of food and agriculture at the eighth annual Got to Be N.C. Festival. Come enjoy a mix of food, fun, music, carnival rides, tractors and more. Gate admission is free. Highlights include:
- Homegrown Fare, sponsored by Lowes Foods, will be in the Exposition Center. More than 80 North Carolina companies will be sampling and selling their products. Outside the Exposition Center is the Lowes Foods tent featuring the Great Carolina Food Bizarre. Check out a blog post from earlier this week on food at the Got to Be NC Festival.
- 8th annual Masonic Carolina Pig Jig BBQ Cook-off will be Saturday beside the Exposition Center. Enjoy barbecue from 40 Masonic Lodges. Tickets are $15 for ages 12 and over, $5 for ages 7-11, and free for ages 6 and under. Barbecue sales start at 11 a.m.
- Grandstand events include canine and equine shows Friday from noon to 7:30 p.m. Tractor pulls will be held Saturday and Sunday from 2 to 8 p.m.
- Dorton Arena entertainment includes FFA Gator Wars on Friday and Raleigh Trans Jam BMX Contest on Saturday and Sunday.
- More than 30 rides along with food and games of chance will be on the midway. On Friday and Sunday, thrill seekers can take advantage of unlimited-ride wristbands for $20. Ride tickets are $1 each, and rides will take 3-5 tickets per ride. Purchase 14 tickets for $12 or 30 tickets for $20.
- Additional free entertainment includes fireworks, auto and truck shows, lumberjacks, bluegrass band competition, rabbit and cavy shows and racing pigs. The popular tractor parade will also be held daily at 1 p.m.
Other events at the fairgrounds this weekend:
The Chatleee Boat Show and Sale will be in the Scott Building. Show features a large selection of saltwater, skiffs, ski and deck boards. This show boasts a boat for every budget. Hours are Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free.
The Bill Plemmons RV World Open House Celebration Sale will be in the Graham Building. They have been a NC-family-owned-and-operated RV dealership since 1951 and have been awarded as one of the TOP 5 RV Dealers in the U.S. and Canada. Show features everyday low prices, parts and service on motorhomes, travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, and pop-ups. Admission is free. Show hours are Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m.to 6 p.m.
The Adidas Warehouse Clearance Sale starts today and runs through Sunday in the Graham Building. Enjoy huge savings on Adidas apparel, footwear and accessories. Hours are Thursday thru Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Island Spring Festival will be held in the Graham Building Sales Arena. Show features vendors offering a variety of local products and services. Admission is free. Hours are Friday, noon to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Independent Labrador Specialty Dog Show will be Saturday and Sunday at the Holshouser Building. Event hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The club will offer a Canine Good Citizen certification immediately following the conclusion of the show. Owners may pre-register their dog or do so the day of the show. Free admission to public spectators.
The Wake County 4-H Horse Show will be held Saturday and the North Central District 4-H Show will be held Sunday at the Hunt Horse Complex. This is an open all-youth horse show for all youth up to 18 years old. Show features Hunter, Western and walking horse classes. Championship and Reserve-Championship for multi-age and divisions. Shows start at 8 a.m. and spectator admission is free.